Have a question that you can't find the answer for on our website? Below are a list of the commonly asked questions we get at Skirmish Airsoft. Everything from the times we run games, to the FPS of the airsoft guns.
However, there might be a question that isn't answered here or one that has been missed off. If that is the case, then all you have to do is get in touch with us and we'll answer your question and place it on here.
- Does it hurt?
- In comparison to paintball, airsoft doesn't hurt. However, if you're close to the person shooting at you then it might make you jump if you get hit.
- What time do the games run?
- Our site opens at 8:30AM and games will until 4PM.
- How much is the deposit I'll need to pay?
- £15 per head deposit will secure your gun till 10am and the balance can be paid on arrival. However if you do not arrive by 10am the gun will be released and your deposit forfeited.
- What happens if I pay in full?
- If you pay in full, in advance, then your gun will be secured all day.
- Is food available?
- Yes, you can purchase hot and cold snacks on site throughout your day with us.
- What is the FPS site limit
- FPS Limits at Skirmish Airsoft are as follows, all measured with a 0.20g BB: Any RIF (AEG, GBB or AIR) capable of fully-auto fire is limited to 350 FPS. DMR (Locked to Single Shot) 400 FPS - Minimum Engagement Range of 20m. Sniper Rifle (Single Shot) 500 FPS - Minimum Engagement Range of 20m. Pistols, Handguns and Shotguns - 350 FPS
- What number do I call on the day?
- If you need to get in touch on the day, maybe you're running late, then call our site mobile on 01909 479568. Please note this is NOT the booking number, please use this number for directions only.
- How many players do I need for a private game?
- For a private game at Skirmish Airsoft, you'll need a minimum of 20 players.
- Whats the minimum age to play at Skirmish Airsoft?
- The minimum age to play at our site is 12 years old. You'll need to have a parental consent form signed which can be found in our downloads section.
- What happens if the weather is bad?
- Because all our weapons are weather proof and we have undercover seating areas, then we just carry on as normal. If there is torrential rain then we might pause a game until it passes.
- Am I insured to play at Skirmish Airsoft?
- Yes, you are. We have a £5 million public liability insurance cover along with being a UKARA register site which gives you added protection.
- What shall I do if I want to buy my own gun?
- You must become a registered ukara member first. To become a ukara member you must play 3 times at a registered site in a period of no less than two months. Each visit your membership application form will be stamped. Once your form is complete with 3 stamps, it's your responsibility to send it to UKARA, where they will confirm you as a member. Once they have confirmed you're a member you can buy a weapon from an approved supplier. Application form can be downloaded from the downloads section of this website.
- Can I bring my own BB's
- If you're bringing your own equipment then yes, you can bring your own BB's. However, if you're renting equipment from us, then only BB's bought at our site can be used. This is due to quality assurance.
- How much are BB's on the day?
- We sell in the following amounts:
0.20g are £8 for 3000
0.25g are £10 for 3000
- Do you sell pyrotechnics?
- Smoke bombs can be purchased on the day for £3. We also sell the MK5 thunder flash, which can be purchased for £3.
Minimum age is to purchase and set off pyrotechnics is 18. This means parents cannot purchase them for someone to use under the age of 18.
- Do you sell equipment on site?
- Yes we do, please call for more details. Our stock is growing rapidly and we're always adding to it so give us a call if you're interested.
- Is alcohol allowed on site?
- No. We do not allow any alcohol to be brought onto the site. Beer and gun's do not mix.